Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rims for Rent

For about the last 48 hours MrT and I have been relocating all of our crap from one place to another. MrT just finished the last load to the city dump and is headed home to assemble the furniture that we disassembled yesterday. This post isn't about moving, it is about the cars I see on the road.



I don't usually spend much time in the car. I get up, take C2 to day care and then I am off to Check City. If anyone has a GPS on my car, I hope you are falling asleep with boredom. In the last 48 hours I have spent a lot of time in the car and I have come to realize that putting money into your car (aesthetically speaking) has become the new fad. I saw a 1982ish Dodge boat thing rolling on spanking new 24" rims. The kind of rims you would expect to see in a rap video. I lost it, I laughed all the way home. Who does that?



On the way to work today I saw a 1995 Pontiac Sun Fire that was blazing orange. Glittering in the sun with the dented in roof and scratched up fender but still working it with the 22" rims that had the same color paint as the car. I have one thing to say: should have saved the money on the rims and spent it on a new paint job.

I know that these are tough times for everyone, and you gotta do what you gotta do to be cool; but there is a business on State Street called Rims-4-Rent. It is like a EZ Rent To Own, but they just offer these crazy rap video inspired rims. I assume that if you keep up on your payments you will eventually own them, but what if you fall behind? Will they come in the middle of the night and leave your 1982 Dodge on blocks? Do you leave your old tires as collateral? These questions are are left unanswered because every time I see these things I bust a gut and can you even imagine what would happen if I went into Rims-4-Rent to ask any questions? I only wish that I could have had the sense to take pictures of the awesome automobiles, but I was too busy laughing.

2 comments:

  1. We should get some of those 20 inch rims for our purple people eater. You would be pimpin all the way to check city!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pimping all the way to Check City and I agree that 20" rims would complete the package!

    ReplyDelete